Before you dive into this opportunity head first, here are a few things you should keep in mind as to make your blogging transition and overall experience an enjoyable and successful one.
1) Write about topics you’re passionate about. Let your blog be about things you’re interested in. This will help your daily blogging and write flow better, ideas and new topics will come to you easier, and you’ll be more excited and motivated to keep up your blog for the long run. Many blogs fail and don’t last but a few weeks or days even because they simply possess no value to the blogger.
2) Always offer value to your readers and visitors. This could be in the form of news updates, how-to’s, informative topics, coupons and discounts on products and services, or pure entertainment. The more value you provide to people, the more they will be interested in future offers which can result in monetary compensations.
3) From your theme to your colors, borders, fonts, and logos; everything on your blog should mesh seamlessly together. The more cohesive your blog appears, the more appealing it’ll be for visitors. People don’t realize that the aesthetics of a blog can be just as important as the content.
4) You never want to over-commercialize your blog with ads here and there, offers jumping out from every angle, and a pop up for subscriptions every few minutes. This can be a huge turn off for visitors. Your blog will literally scream “I WANT TO MAKE MONEY!” which in turn can have quite the opposite effect.
5) Always use reliable services when it comes to dealing with sales transactions and receiving payments from customers. One of the most widely used electronic payment services would be PayPal, but there are other great alternatives available. Here are a few you might want to look into:
- Google Checkout
- Amazon WebPay